Join Our List
Be sure to subscribe to our email list at http://tinyurl.com/swansonpta. We will send PTA-related activities and updates and volunteer opportunities using this list.
PTA No-Stress Fundraiser
No cupcakes to deliver, no wrapping paper to buy. Just give online or send a check! This is our main fundraising event of the year. All donations directly benefit the school and our kids.
The regular school budget doesn’t cover all the needs and wants of the Swanson faculty and staff as they seek to provide our kids with the best educational experience possible, and the PTA wants to help fill that gap. For example, last year, donations helped to fund the following:
- 8th grade Mock U.N. Debate
- 7th grade community service project to support “Food for Others”
- Purchase of Texas Instrument CBR2s for 7th and 8th grade Algebra I classes
- Light boxes and polymer clay machines for the art room
- 7th Grade economics curriculum materials
- Math manipulatives for Math 6
- Book purchases for the 6th grade novel project
- Awards for sports, academic and other extra curricular activities
- School supplies and calculators for the HILT program
- Audio materials and posters for foreign language instruction
- Field trip funding for all grades and a number of extracurricular programs
Donating is EASY. The 2017-18 EZ Form is now available You can pay online via PayPal or send in a check to your child’s STAR teacher. All funds donated are tax deductible, and receipt letters will be provided to all donors.
Thank you for your support! To make your donations go even further, please:
- Ask your employer if they will double or even triple your donation. Please contact PTA Fundraising Chair Holly West if you need help with this process.
- Ask family and friends to donate, too! Use social media, phone calls – get creative!
The first PTA meeting of the year will be held on September 12th. PTA Meetings are held in the library and are generally held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. You are welcome to sit and listen, to bring in new ideas or topics for discussion, or to engage in any way you would like. There is always room for more participation, and we hope this year our parents will get even more involved!
PTA Executive Board 2017-18