- Students may check out up to ten books at a time.
- Books may be checked out for three weeks.
- Books may be renewed at the end of the three week period.
- Holds may be placed for books that are currently checked out. Students may place holds on Swanson books by logging into Destiny Discover. Holds for books at other Arlington school locations can be made at the circulation desk.
- If we do not own a book, we may request for the book to be borrowed from another Arlington Public School. This procedure is called Interlibrary Loan or I.L.L. Requesting a book from another school does not mean the request will be granted. If a student requests a book that is located only at the high school level, we will ask for parent permission before requesting the book through I.L.L.
- We do not charge fines for overdue books.
- Students are responsible for any lost library materials.
- Destiny is the online catalog used to search books.
- Call numbers may include:
BKCD – Book on cd
EB – Electronic book
F – Fiction
GN – Graphic Novel
QP – Quick Pick
R – Reference (overnight checkout)
SPA – Book in Spanish language
TAB – Teen Advisory Board
- Books with call numbers including P, DVD, KIT, and AV are for staff checkout only.
- Magazines are for checkout in the media center on the honor system.