Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
Thomas Jefferson School for Science and Technology is a Governor’s regional school offering a comprehensive college preparatory program emphasizing the sciences, mathematics, and technology. Any Arlington County student enrolled in grade eight may apply, and if selected, would attend TJHSST tuition free. Selection is highly competitive based on the results of an aptitude test, teacher recommendations, grades and other information. Please reference the following presentation, which was shared with students at the TJHSST information session, for in-depth information on the school and the admissions process, including deadlines and test dates. TJHSST Fall 2017 Presentation
Please check out their website for application materials, testing tips, and more! Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology Admissions
- Apply in 8th grade for 9th grade enrollment
- Algebra I or higher in 8th Grade
- 3.0 GPA in core classes (and language) for 7th grade.
Important Dates for 2018 – 2019 Winter Application Round
For students in 8th grade during 2018-19 school year
- September 3, 2018 – Online applications available.
- Find application directions here.
- September 7, 2018 – Representatives from TJHSST visit Swanson students to discuss application process.
- September 28, 2018 – APPLICATION DEADLINE at 4:00 p.m.
- November 10, 2018 – Test Day
- November 16, 2018 – Accommodations Test Day
- January 18, 2019 – Applicants receive semifinalist pool notification through online system
- January 25, 2019 – Entry by Applicants of Teacher Recommendation Information Deadline
- February 9, 2019 – Essay/SIS Administration Day
- February 11, 2019 – Deadline for Teacher Recommendations
- February 15, 2019 – Essay/SIS Accommodations Test Day
- February 16, 2019 – Inclement Weather date for Essay/SIS Administration
- February 22, 2019 – Inclement Weather date for Essay/SIS Accommodations Test Day
- April 30, 2019 – Final admissions decisions posted