APS High School Academic Planning & Information Nights 2020-2021
APS General High School Information Night was held on November 2, 2020 at 7 p.m., where families learned about the registration process and learn more about their neighborhood and option schools for the 2021-22 school year. If you missed the event, watch the High School Information Night video or view the PowerPoint presentation. For more information, check out the APS High School Transfers & Options website.
School-Based High School Information Sessions
All Arlington high schools schedule their own school information sessions to provide parents an opportunity to visit the schools, meet the principals, tour the buildings, and get a general sense of the personalities of each of the schools.
|School||Session Date||Session Link|
|Arlington Tech, 703-228-5800||Nov. 18, 20207:00 p.m.||Arlington Tech Session #1 Link|
|Dec. 8, 20207:00 p.m.||Arlington Tech Session #2 Link|
|H-B Woodlawn, 703-228-6363||Dec. 9, 20206:30 p.m.||H-B Woodlawn Session Link|
|Wakefield, 703-228-6700||Dec. 7, 20207:00 p.m.||Wakefield Immersion Program Session Link|
|Dec. 7, 20207:45 p.m.||Wakefield AP Network Session Link|
|Washington-Liberty, 703-228-6200||Dec. 2, 20207:00 p.m.||Washington-Liberty Session Link|
|Yorktown, 703-228-5400||Dec. 8, 20207:00 p.m.||Yorktown Session Link|
School-Based Academic Planning Nights
These sessions will provide an opportunity for rising 9th graders and their families to learn more about high school core and elective class offerings.
|School||Date and Time||Link to Join Sessions||View Presentation|
|Washington-Liberty (W-L)||Tuesday, Feb. 9, 7-8 pm||Meeting Link||Presentation link|
|Yorktown||Wednesday, Feb. 10, 6:30-7 pm||Meeting Link||Presentation link|
Contact: Gladis Bourdouane, Communications Coordinator, at 703-228-7667.
High School Transfer Information
Applying for a Neighborhood Transfer to a Different APS High School?
- Parents/guardians are responsible for transportation when the student accepts a transfer to another neighborhood school that is accepting transfers.
- Families wishing to apply for a neighborhood transfer need to submit a Neighborhood Transfer Form.
- More information may be found here.
Applying to Countywide Option-Schools and Programs
- The deadline to apply for APS Option Schools and Programs for the 2021-2022 school year has closed.
- APS provides educational options in which students may enroll, recognizing that individual students may thrive in varied educational settings. Option schools require an application process and admission is based on a lottery process. These schools and programs include: the AP Network at Wakefield, Arlington Tech, H-B Woodlawn, and the International Baccalaureate program at W-L. Learn more about the programs and how to apply: https://www.apsva.us/school-options/high-school-choices/high-school-countywide/
- Please note that many of these high school opportunities require copies of your child’s transcript. Students can request transcripts by filling out a Transcript Request
- Please allow at least 2 days for transcripts to be processed.
- Some applications may also require teacher recommendations. Please allow staff at least 2 weeks to complete recommendations.
Arlington Tech is an APS High School focused on hands-on, project-based, and work-based learning experiences. Find more information on their website: https://careercenter.apsva.us/arlington-tech.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Washington-Lee
Find more information:
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST)
Find more information: