APS High School Academic Planning & Information Nights 2021-2022
Virtual High School Information Night is on Monday, Nov. 1, 2021 at 7 p.m. Families will be able to watch the event on Livestream. Families unable to watch the event live will be able to view the recording after the event. Families of students entering high school in the fall of 2022 will hear an overview about APS high schools, school options, application deadlines and procedures, school-based information sessions, available student resources, and more. The link to the updated High School Guidebook for Families will also be shared with families the night of the event. Following High School Information Night, each school will host a school-based virtual information to provide families the opportunity to meet the staff at the school, receive information about the school, and engage in a Q&A session. All families of rising high school students are encouraged to attend one of these sessions; no RSVP required. View the information sessions by visiting the session links below. For the school-based information sessions that have already occurred, please visit the information session link below to view the event recording.
High School Information Session Dates for SY 2022-2023
|School||Session Date||Session Link|
|Arlington Tech||Nov. 10, 2021, 7 p.m.||Arlington Tech Session #1|
|Dec. 7, 2021, 7 p.m.||Arlington Tech Session #2|
|H-B Woodlawn||Jan. 11, 2022, 7 p.m.||H-B Woodlawn Session|
|Wakefield||Nov. 9, 2021, 7 p.m.||Wakefield AP Network Session|
|Nov. 9. 2021, 7:45 p.m.||Wakefield Immersion Program Session|
|Washington-Liberty||Dec. 1, 2021, 7 p.m.||Washington-Liberty Session|
|Yorktown||Dec. 8, 2021, 7 p.m.||Yorktown Session|
*Information session dates and times subject to change. For additional information or questions, please check out the High School Information Sessions page or contact the APS Welcome Center at 703-228-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
School-Based Academic Planning Nights
These sessions will provide an opportunity for rising 9th graders and their families to learn more about high school core and elective class offerings.
|School||Date and Time||Link to Join Sessions||View Presentation|
|Wakefield||January 25th||Virtual – link coming|
Contact: Gladis Bourdouane, Communications Coordinator, at 703-228-7667.
High School Transfer Information
Applying for a Neighborhood Transfer to a Different APS High School?
- Parents/guardians are responsible for transportation when the student accepts a transfer to another neighborhood school that is accepting transfers.
- Families wishing to apply for a neighborhood transfer need to submit a Neighborhood Transfer Form.
- More information may be found here.
Applying to Countywide Option-Schools and Programs
- APS provides educational options in which students may enroll, recognizing that individual students may thrive in varied educational settings. Option schools require an application process and admission is based on a lottery process. These schools and programs include: the AP Network at Wakefield, Arlington Tech, H-B Woodlawn, and the International Baccalaureate program at W-L. Learn more about the programs and how to apply: https://www.apsva.us/school-options/high-school-choices/high-school-countywide/
- Please note that many of these high school opportunities require copies of your child’s transcript. Students can request transcripts by filling out a Transcript Request
- Please allow at least 2 days for transcripts to be processed.
- Some applications may also require teacher recommendations. Please allow staff at least 2 weeks to complete recommendations.
Arlington Tech is an APS High School focused on hands-on, project-based, and work-based learning experiences. Find more information on their website: https://careercenter.apsva.us/arlington-tech.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Washington-Lee
Find more information:
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST)
Find more information: