APS High School Academic Planning & Information Nights 2016 – 2017
All Arlington high schools schedule their own school information sessions to provide parents an opportunity to visit the schools, meet the principals, tour the buildings, and get a general sense of the personalities of each of the schools. More information in English & Spanish here.
Considering transferring to a different APS High School?
- Be sure to attend the High School Information Sessions for both your home school and the transfer school. This is possible during the General High School Information Night (December 12th, 2016 at Washington-Lee) or during the daytime sessions on January 9th (school-based).
- Parents/guardians complete a Pupil Transfer Application (SY 2017-18 application will be available by Oct. 31, 2016 or sooner)
- Parents/guardians submit the application to the requested school by Jan. 31, 2017.
- More transfer information may be found here.
APS General High School Information Night
12/12/2016, 7-9 PM at Washington-Lee (Snow Date: 12/19/2016)
- Parents and students can learn about high school options, expectations, transfer requirements, and other resources.
- Parents interested in transferring from their home school can attend two transfer orientations this night.
School-Based High School Information Sessions
|Daytime Sessions||Evening Sessions|
|Arlington Tech||Jan. 9, 2017 at 2 p.m.|
|H-B Woodlawn||Jan. 9, 2017 at 3 p.m.|
|Wakefield||Jan. 9, 2017 at 10 a.m.||Dec 15, 2016 at 7 p.m. (Immersion Information Night)
Jan 11, 2017 at 7 p.m. (AP Network Information Night)
|Washington-Lee||Jan. 9, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.||Dec. 7, 2016 at 7 p.m. (IB Information Night)|
|Yorktown||Jan. 9, 2017 at 11 a.m.|
Contact: Gladis Bourdouane, Communications Coordinator, at 703-228-7667.
High School Academic Planning & Information Nights
- Yorktown: January 12, 2017 @ 7 pm
- Wakefield: January 17, 2017 @ 6:45pm
- Washington-Lee: January 31, 2017 @ 7 pm
Arlington Tech is an APS High School focused on hands-on, project-based, and work-based learning experiences. Find more information on their website: https://careercenter.apsva.us/arlington-tech. Interested students must apply in 8th grade. Important Dates:
- Student assembly @ Swanson – October 5th, 2016. All 8th grade students will attend.
- Follow up information session – October 27 lunch @ Swanson
- Arlington Tech tour for select students – November 4
- Applications open – November 7th, 2016
- Parent Information Night – November 15th, 2016
- Open House – January 7th, 2017
- Applications close – January 17th, 2017
Arlington Tech important dates: Parent Information Night @ The Career Center 11/15 Open House @ The Career Center. 1/7/2017 Applications close 1/17/2017