2017 Summer Information Sessions
Families of rising 6th graders and new students: Please join us this summer to learn more about Swanson’s academic program, school information, counseling services, 6th grade routines, and more! Sessions will include a 30 minute presentation followed by a tour of the school. Dates and session times are listed below:
- Friday, July 21st @ 10:00 AM
- Monday, July 31st @ 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 1st @ 4:00 PM
No registration required. All presentations will take place in the Swanson Library. If you need more information, please call 703-228-5501.
APS High School Academic Planning & Information Nights 2016 – 2017
All Arlington high schools schedule their own school information sessions to provide parents an opportunity to visit the schools, meet the principals, tour the buildings, and get a general sense of the personalities of each of the schools. More information in English & Spanish here.
Considering transferring to a different APS High School?
Be sure to attend the High School Information Sessions for both your home school and the transfer school. This is possible during the General High School Information Night (December 12th, 2016 at Washington-Lee) or during the daytime sessions on January 9th (school-based). More transfer information may be found here.
APS General High School Information Night
12/12/2016, 7-9 PM at Washington-Lee (Snow Date: 12/19/2016)
- Parents and students can learn about high school options, expectations, transfer requirements, and other resources.
- Parents interested in transferring from their home school can attend two transfer orientations this night.
School-Based High School Information Sessions
|Daytime Sessions||Evening Sessions|
|Arlington Tech||Jan. 9, 2017 at 2 p.m.|
|H-B Woodlawn||Jan. 9, 2017 at 3 p.m.|
|Wakefield||Jan. 9, 2017 at 10 a.m.||
Dec 15, 2016 at 7 p.m. (Immersion Information Night)
Jan 11, 2017 at 7 p.m. (AP Network Information Night)
|Washington-Lee||Jan. 9, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.||Dec. 7, 2016 at 7 p.m. (IB Information Night)|
|Yorktown||Jan. 9, 2017 at 11 a.m.|
Contact: Gladis Bourdouane, Communications Coordinator, at 703-228-7667.
High School Academic Planning and Information Nights
- Yorktown: January 12, 2017 @ 7 pm
- Wakefield: January 17, 2017 @ 6:45pm
- Washington-Lee: January 31, 2017 @ 7 pm
Middle School Information Night
Monday, November 7th, 2016, 7-9 PM at Washington-Lee High School.
- Parents and students who will be entering middle school in the fall of 2017 will hear about what to expect in middle school, program options, and resources available. Families will also have the opportunity to attend two high school presentations. More information in English & Spanish here.
College & Career Fair 2016
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 from 6-8 PM at Washington-Lee High School
- Speak with representatives from 150 colleges, universities, and trade schools.
- Obtain valuable resources from local community organizations
- Attend workshops on financial aid and employment projections
- More information in English and Spanish here.
Act II Classes
Act II Classes are after-school elective classes. These classes meet one day a week after school. Attendance is taken and students are given a grade. Fall Act II course registration is now closed. Please look out for Spring Act II registration in January, 2017.
Arlington Tech is an APS High School focused on hands-on, project-based, and work-based learning experiences. Find more information on their website: https://careercenter.apsva.us/arlington-tech. Interested students must apply in 8th grade.
- Student assembly @ Swanson – October 5th, 2016. All 8th grade students will attend.
- Follow up information session – October 27 lunch @ Swanson
- Arlington Tech tour for select students – November 4
- Applications open – November 7th, 2016
- Parent Information Night – November 15th, 2016
- Open House – January 7th, 2017
- Applications close – January 17th, 2017
Arlington Tech important dates: Parent Information Night @ The Career Center 11/15 Open House @ The Career Center. 1/7/2017 Applications close 1/17/2017
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST)
- Information Interest Session – Wednesday, September 28th, 2016 during Mod 1. Please see Ms. Jankowski to sign up by 9/23. This information session is for 8th grade students only.
- TJHSST applications are online. The TJHSST Online Application System will open on Monday, September 19, 2016 at 4pm. Applications close on October 11th, 2016 at 3:00 PM. Please check out their website at www.fcps.edu/pla/TJHSST_Admission