For all high school information and important dates, please visit our High School Information page.
2019 Summer Information Sessions
Families of rising 6th graders and new students: Please join us this summer to learn more about Swanson’s academic program, school information, counseling services, 6th grade routines, and more! We will hold sessions on July 22nd @ 8:30 AM, August 7th @ 11 AM, and August 7th @ 3 PM. Sessions will include a 30 minute presentation followed by a tour of the school. No registration required. All presentations will take place at Swanson. If you need more information, please call 703-228-5508.
Swanson Academic Planning Nights 2019
These evening sessions give parents a chance to learn about Swanson’s course offerings and high school graduation requirements.
- Rising 6th Grade Night – 1/16/19
- Rising 7th and 8th Grade Night – 2/7/19
To find course descriptions and graduation requirements, see the APS Programs of Studies for Middle School and High School.
Middle School Information Night
Oct. 28, 2019 from 7 – 9 p.m. at Washington-Liberty High School, 1301 N. Stafford St
Parents and families of students entering middle school in the fall of 2020 will hear an overview about APS middle schools, the registration process, school options and transfers, application deadlines and procedures, school information sessions, available resources, and more. For additional information about this event, please visit: https://www.apsva.us/school-options/middle-school-choices/.
Neighborhood Transfer & Option Schools Application Timeline:
- Oct 28, 2019 – Middle School Information Night
- Nov. 4, 2019 – High School Information Night
- Nov. 4, 2019 @ 10:00 PM – Application Window Opens
- Jan. 17th, 2020 @ 4:00 PM – Application Window Closes
- Jan. 29th, 2020 12:00-4:00 PM – Lotteries @ Welcome Center
- Feb. 6, 2020 after 4:00 PM – Lottery notification to families through School Mint Portal
- Feb. 17, 2020 by midnight – Deadline for decisions
- May 1, 2020 – Cutoff for neighborhood transfers
College & Career Fair 2019
2019-20 Date: TBA
Location: Wakefield High School – 1325 S. Dinwiddie St., Arlington, VA 22204
- Speak with representatives from 150 colleges, universities, and trade schools.
- Obtain valuable resources from local community organizations
- Attend workshops on financial aid and employment projections
Act II Classes
Act II Classes are after-school elective classes. These classes meet one day a week after school. Attendance is taken and students are given a grade. Please look out for announcements regarding ACT II class registration in late September.