Arlington Middle Schools Interscholastic Athletic Program
Arlington Middle Schools Athletics is a developmental program that promotes the academic, physical, psychological and social growth of the student athlete.
Goals of the Middle School Athletic program focus on:
- Development of the student athlete
- Promotion of a successful and positive experience for all
Development of the student-athlete includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Academic – maintaining high educational and behavioral standards in the school community they represent. Student-athletes are to think of themselves as students first and athletes second.
- Physical – learning sport skills, improving physical conditioning, developing good health habits, and avoiding injuries
- Psychological – learning to control their emotions and developing feelings of self-worth
- Social – learning cooperation in a competitive context and appropriate standards of behavior
Sportsmanship includes but is not limited to:
- A passionate effort to be successful with a commitment to be fair, honest, and respectful, and honor the rules of the game
- The six pillars of character (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship)
- A code of conduct for student-athletes, coaches, managers, parents, fans, and administrators
Promotion of a successful and positive experience for all includes but is not limited to:
- The assurance that student-athletes are to think of themselves as students first and athletes second. Success is represented in many forms (improvement in team and individual performance, achievement of team and personal goals, etc.) and does not always equate to winning.
- Participation in student athletic activity that is fun and also a significant part of the educational program that represents the high standards of ethics and sportsmanship while developing good character.
The Admirals are your 2017 Middle School Swim Champions! Great job to all! Some epic county records fell today!
Published April 27, 17 3:16PM
Home track meet at Gunston is about to begin! Come out and support your Admirals!
Published April 18, 17 12:21PM
Swanson is your 2017 County Wrestling Champs! What a close tournament the difference only 3 points between first and second place!
Published March 01, 17 3:37PM
Talk about down to the last second, as Jefferson ekes out a 39-36 win. Great effort to both teams!
Published February 23, 17 3:17PM
Last home wrestling match of the season! Come support your Admirals! https://t.co/ZkCH54Vpsx
Published February 23, 17 1:14PM