Swanson Activities Coordinator – Trevor Holland firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlington Middle Schools Interscholastic Athletic Program
Arlington Middle Schools Athletics is a developmental program that promotes the academic, physical, psychological and social growth of the student athlete.
Goals of the Middle School Athletic program focus on:
- Development of the student athlete
- Promotion of a successful and positive experience for all
Development of the student-athlete includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Academic – maintaining high educational and behavioral standards in the school community they represent. Student-athletes are to think of themselves as students first and athletes second.
- Physical – learning sport skills, improving physical conditioning, developing good health habits, and avoiding injuries
- Psychological – learning to control their emotions and developing feelings of self-worth
- Social – learning cooperation in a competitive context and appropriate standards of behavior
Sportsmanship includes but is not limited to:
- A passionate effort to be successful with a commitment to be fair, honest, and respectful, and honor the rules of the game
- The six pillars of character (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship)
- A code of conduct for student-athletes, coaches, managers, parents, fans, and administrators
Promotion of a successful and positive experience for all includes but is not limited to:
- The assurance that student-athletes are to think of themselves as students first and athletes second. Success is represented in many forms (improvement in team and individual performance, achievement of team and personal goals, etc.) and does not always equate to winning.
- Participation in student athletic activity that is fun and also a significant part of the educational program that represents the high standards of ethics and sportsmanship while developing good character.
A physical win for Girls Basketball over Gunston 34-27, guaranteeing them at least a share of the County Championships! One more home game on Tuesday! @SwansonAdmirals
Published December 12, 19 2:24PM
Congratulations to County Champions Boys Soccer on finishing their season undefeated! @SwansonAdmirals
Published December 11, 19 6:32AM
A tenacious, comeback win for the Girls Basketball team over TJMS, 34-29! @SwansonAdmirals
Published December 10, 19 2:27PM
Due to inclement weather today's Boys Soccer game at Kenmore has been canceled. @SwansonAdmirals
Published December 02, 19 11:02AM
Girls ultimate and boys soccer canceled for today, November 12. Girls basketball will still play at Kenmore! @SwansonAdmirals
Published November 12, 19 8:46AM