Good morning Swanson! Today is December 14th and these are today’s announcements:
- Attention all pep band members. On Wednesday, December 19th, at the beginning of STAR go to room 132 for your group picture for the yearbook. Please wear your Music Department T-Shirt.
- Yesterday’s 12 Days of Fun Facts question was, “Where are antiprotons currently being researched?” Good job to all who submitted a correct answer of “University of California at Berkely,” which could be found in Britannica School. Yesterday’s drawing winner is Caleb Tran. Stop by the library to pick up your gift certificate from The Italian Store! Today is day 10 of the 12 Days of Fun Facts. Remember to submit the answer along with the database you used to find the answer in the library. You must write your full name to win! The correct answer and winner will be announced on tomorrow’s announcements. Today’s question is: Why was the United States Secret Service established?
- Attention MathCounts participants. If you are interested in the regional competition and were not at practice yesterday, then you should attend a make-up school competition on Monday after school in room 222.
- School finals of the National Geography Bee will be held on Tuesday, December 18th during Mods 1-3. Contestants, please report to room 227 at the beginning of Mod 1 to participate.
- Do you want to give a Winter Candy Cane to your classmate, parents, or teachers before winter break? LYLAS will be selling Snowflake and Snowman Candy Cane after school for $1. Candy Cane will be sold Monday, December 17 and Tuesday, December 18 after school by the large gym. All proceeds will be used for A-SPAN service project. Thanks for your support!
- According to the current US Census Bureau approximately 39 million Americans (about 12% of the population) are living below the poverty line. The number of families needing assistance continues to rise, and many of them live in our community. They are our friends, our neighbors, and many are children. Please help if you can- pick out a paper ornament from the angel tree in the main office to help those that are less fortunate.We will be collecting gift cards to help Arlington families in need from November 30th -December 18th.
- Shopping on Amazon and looking to help Swanson at the same time? Click this link and up to 7% of your purchase total will be donated to the school! Bookmark it for later, or you can always find it on the front page of the Swanson website. We appreciate your help!
Coming Up This Week
Friday, December 14th – Winter Instrumental Music Concert (Orchestra and Concert Band) – 7PM
Looking Forward to Next Week
Tuesday, December 18th – Boys Basketball – Home v. Jefferson
Thursday, December 20th – Boys Basketball – Home v. Williamsburg (Rescheduled from 11/15)
Friday, December 21st – No After School Activities or Late Buses! Enjoy Your Winter Break!