Good morning Swanson! Today is April 12th and these are today’s announcements:
- A reminder that there are no after school activities or late buses today! Enjoy your Spring Break!
- The last math shout out before spring break goes to all Swanson students for your diligence and effort in taking the county quarterly math benchmark. In addition, an extra shout out to the almost 400 students who turned in math month KenKen puzzles from the first week. Reminder to turn in this week’s pink puzzles and watch for more after spring break. Prizes for math month KenKens will be announced at the end of April.
- Congratulations to the Swanson swim team on winning a 5th consecutive county championship title! Individual event winners from the meet were: Sarah N in the 100 yard Freestyle, Bridget ML in 100 yard IM and in both 25 and 50 yard Breaststroke, Josie G in 25 Butterfly and 50 yard Freestyle, and Jackson W in 25 yard Backstroke. Our girls 200 yard Medley and Freestyle relay teams took first; girls that were on the relays were: Lauren F, Bridget ML, Josie G, Maeve O, Scarlett G, and Sarah N. Great job Swanson swim on winning the county meet yesterday and thanks for such a great season.
- Nice job by the Swanson track team at Kenmore yesterday. As detailed results are not yet available, individual winners from the meet will be announced after spring break.
- Some other track announcements:
- 1) Ordered T-shirts and sweatshirts should be available for pick up on Monday after spring break. We hope to distribute them during STAR and lunch primarily.
- 2) Meet sign up sheets for the last two regular meets have been posted all this week. If you are interested and have not yet signed up do so today. Realize that there are space limitations in the meets, so signing up does not guarantee you a spot. Make sure to check the track board today and on Monday after spring break for more information.
- 3) The final regular season week is the first week back from spring break, so make sure you are at practice Monday the 22nd unless you have a documented excused absence.
- 4) and do some running over spring break – enjoy the week!
- Tickets for the Swanson Play, Legally Blonde, Jr. are on sale now and going fast. Student tickets are $5 and adult tickets are $10. Tickets can be purchased daily during STAR in Room 131 with cash or a check made out to Swanson MS. Tickets also can be purchased online at www.swanson.tix.com The shows are Friday, April 26 at 7pm, Saturday, April 27 at 7pm and Sunday, April 28 at 3pm. It is a lively musical you won’t want to miss!
- 8th grader Jack Nader and Swanson Intramurals are doing a collection for his Boy Scout Eagle Project for the Home for Hope Orphanage in Kathmandu, Nepal which has 170 kids of all ages. Donations of clothes, shoes, sporting goods and toys are all greatly appreciated! Jack will be hand delivering these items as his family is moving to Nepal in May. Donation box is in the front entry of the school until April 23rd. Thank you!
Coming Up This Week
Friday, April 12th – No After School Activities or Late Buses – Enjoy your Spring Break!
Track Team Important Dates/Information:
Post Spring Break – Week of 4/22 – 4/25 final regular season practices and meets
Monday 4/29 – Wed 5/1 IMPORTANT – Practice this week only for those who have competed in a meet and are interested in possibly being in the county meet(s) (Th 5/2 – Jumping; Tu 5/7 – Running). To compete in the county meet students need to be attending these practices unless unavoidable conflict documented by parent.