Good morning Swanson! Today is March 8th and it is an Asynchronous Learning Day! Here are your morning announcements:
- With the new hybrid schedule, the Library book pick up during lunch will now be held on Wednesdays and Fridays ONLY. Monday lunch pick up has been discontinued. The Library Staff will still offer our popular monthly evening Pop Up Library (coming up March 18th!) In addition, Hybrid learners will have the option for books they placed on HOLD to be delivered to their STAR classroom. As we work through the logistics for the classroom delivery, please be patient and pay attention to the Swanson Library Canvas messages in case we have questions about your requests.Please message us in Canvas if you have any questions.
- Congratulations to Swanson Latin students: Emma Cai, Dorothy Woods, Laura Sawicki (from Latin I) and Ellen Summers, Alex Bakalov and Spencer Johnson (Latin II), who participated in the Classical Quizbowl hosted by TJHSST this Saturday, against other schools from around Northern VA. Buzzing in on questions about the Latin language, Roman history and culture, mythology, and Latin mottoes and abbreviations, BOTH teams made it to the finals, and both eventually placed 3rd in their respective levels. Eis gratulamur – we congratulate them!
- Slice of Life Story Challenge: All Swanson students are invited to post “slices” of their lives between March 1 and March 31 for the annual Slice of Life Story Challenge! What’s a slice? It’s a short piece of writing that offers a glimpse of your day: memories, observations, conversations, and/or imagination. You can write one time, 31 times, or any number in between. Check out this slideshow for ideas and examples. And yes, Wavelength will send out fabulous prizes (not a pencil 🙂 to 3 participants at the end of the month. The more slices you post, the more likely you are to win! Are you ready to start!? Enroll in the Wavelength Canvas Course and click on Slice of Life Challenge for the details for how to post slices and connect with other writers all month long. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- The yearbook staff is in need of pictures of our students! Please use this form (https://forms.gle/DT2wSsQ7cn9dPcWQ9) to submit images to the yearbook. The form is set up to submit 3 images, but you are more than welcome to submit more by using multiple submission forms! Thanks for your help parents.
- Help the Swanson Yearbook! Submit your photos for different topics through the link in the Swanson MS Student Canvas course! Not enrolled? Here’s the link to self-enroll: https://apsva.instructure.com/enroll/NBGPX6
- March 8 – 1/2 Day Professional Learning for Staff – Abbreviated Office Hours
- March 9 – Hybrid Learning begins for 6th Grade Students
- March 16 – Hybrid Learning begins for 7th and 8th Grade Students
- March 18 – Pop-Up Library – 4:00-6:00PM
- March 29-April 2– Spring Break
- April 5 – Synchronous Distance Learning Day for All Students – B Day
- April 12 – Teacher Grade Preparation Day