Good morning Swanson! Today is September 25th! Today is a B Day and these are your morning announcements:
- On Monday, September 28 we are going to distribute specific curriculum related materials to all students. These toolkits will be given out in the lower lot at Swanson. Please enter the parking lot at the entrance closest to the gym and drive through to exit near 11th St N.
- The first group of tables will contain materials that all students will need including items from DTL and physical education. This will also be a great opportunity to return any materials you may still have from last school year. Students enrolled in an art class and English Learner students will be provided additional materials. These tables will be located further down the lot. We ask that you pull to the right in order to give cars that do not need these materials the ability to exit the lot. If you have other needs that are not being met with these supplies, please contact the student’s counselor.
- We understand that the distribution is taking place during Yom Kippur. The kits arrived this week and we want to get them out to students as quickly as possible. Please email your grade level administrator and they will be happy to assist you in gathering these materials.
6th Grade 7th Grade 8th Grade 8:00 – 10:00 10:00 – 12:00 12:00 – 2:00 8:00 – 8:30 A – F 10:00 – 10:30 A – F 12:00 – 12:30 A – F 8:30 – 9:00 G – K 10:30 – 11:00 G – K 12:30 – 1:00 G – K 9:00 – 9:30 L – R 11:00 – 11:30 L – R 1:00 – 1:30 L – R 9:30 – 10:00 S – Z 11:30 – 12:00 S – Z 1:30 – 2:00 S – Z
- This Monday, our staff will be involved in all-day learning activities, therefore we will not be holding virtual office hours. Students should still check into their STAR Canvas course to mark attendance for the day. Teachers will also be posting asynchronous work for the day. Students observing Yom Kippur will be marked as an excused absence for the day. We ask that parents please contact our Attendance Specialist, Ms. Octavia Harris by email at Octavia.Harris@apsva.us to notate this absence or any other absences.
- Today from 9-10am, we will be hosting another Swanson Parent Chat! These chats are an informal setting for us to come together and address any questions or concerns as we enter into our distanced learning settings. To access the chat, save the following link: Swanson Parent Chat
Coming Up This Week
Friday, September 25th – Parent Chat – 9-10am, Parent Chat Link Here
Looking Forward to Next Week
Monday, September 28th – Teacher Work Day – Asynchronous Learning, No Office Hours. Materials Distribution at Swanson 8am-2pm.