Good morning Swanson! Today is November 24th and it is a B Day! Here are your morning announcements:
- Arlington Public Schools students are invited to take part in the annual “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Virtual Literary and Visual Arts Contest.” Entries are due by 5 p.m. Wed, Dec. 16. Topic: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a well-known civil rights activist who had a great deal of influence on American society. Dr. King popularized the notion of the “Beloved Community.” The Beloved Community is a global vision in which all people can share in the wealth of the earth. In the Beloved Community, poverty, hunger and homelessness will not be tolerated. He envisioned the Beloved Community as a society based on justice, equal opportunity, and love of one’s fellow human beings. Prompt: Literary and Visual Arts Describe in writing or through visual arts how you are contributing to your community and how individuals can make a difference through acts of kindness in the spirit of Dr. King’s vision. For an entry form and drop off locations, head to the following link: https://www.apsva.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Final-2021-MLK-Contest-form-003.pdf
- A reminder that APS Food Services are distributing meals TODAY at all food service locations. This will include meals for over the holiday break!
- Thanks to all who auditioned for our Virtual Musical – High School Musical. The “Callback List” will be posted on Google Classroom by Tuesday, November 24th. If your name is not on the list, it DOES NOT mean you are not in show. Further instructions for the callback process will also be posted on Google Classroom at that time.
- Animal Crossing Villagers, there will be no Animal Crossing Club this week. We will meet again on Thursday December 3rd from 3:00-4:00. If you missed our first meeting but would like to join please sign-up using this google form: https://forms.gle/Woo8kixJH7ncebs67. You will receive a link to the meeting after signing-up!
- Hello Swanson parents and staff! This year’s yearbook staff needs your help with getting school portraits of your students to include in our portraits section. We are going to need you to take a picture of your student(s) and send us a copy. Please use this link (https://forms.gle/aUfGE3SE6JtVLE7B7) to submit a portrait image of your student(s) to the yearbook staff. This form does include some directions/guidelines on how to take their picture. Please contact Ms. Williams, the yearbook advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. You can use a digital camera, a smart/cell phone, or their iPad to take the picture. Please have these images submitted by the end of the day on November 24, 2020. Thank you from the yearbook staff!
- Upcoming MathCounts Practice Schedule
- MathCounts practices will be held from 3pm – 4pm on the following days:
- Thursday December 3rd.
- Any student interested in math problem solving is welcome to attend. Join the MathCounts Canvas course at https://apsva.instructure.com/enroll/BHL73X. The Teams link for practices can be found in the Canvas course.