Good morning Swanson! Today is January 22nd and these are today’s announcements!
- On Saturday, January 11, eight Swanson Band Members Auditioned for the All District Band. The All District Band is selected from the most dedicated band students that attending schools throughout Arlington County and the northern half of Fairfax County. It is a great honor to be chosen for this band. All of our Swanson Musicians represented Swanson well. After a full day of auditions, four Swanson students were selected for the All District Band:
- Daisy Maxwell, trumpet- (3rd out of 58)
- Ben Backer, trombone- (2nd out of 33)
- Ellen Summers, french horn- (5th out of 19)
- Connor Rogers, bass clarinet/alternate- (5th out of 12)
- Congratulations to these talented Swanson Musicians!
- All those interested in swimming this year on the Swanson swim team please plan on attending the information meeting after school on Tuesday January 28th in room 132. You will be getting a packet that has team information, practice schedule and other necessary forms. If you can’t attend the meeting please see Ms. Williams in room 132 to get the packet.
- This year Phoenix Bikes is hosting an All-Girls Bike Club at Swanson that will meet from 2:30 – 4 pm on Thursdays after school starting January 30th. If you are a girl in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade interested in learning about bike mechanics and building a bike that you get to keep at the end of the semester, swing by room 254 to pick up an application form posted on the door. Applications must be signed by a parent and returned to Ms. Gogal no later than Monday, January 27th. There are a limited number of spots, so be sure to get your application submitted asap.
- Attention students who participated in the Swanson science fair. If you’re interested in learning more about an opportunity to present your research at the Virginia Junior Academy of Sciences (VJAS) at James Madison University come by Ms. Gogal’s room 254 during 8th grade STAR on Tuesday, January 28th. You will need to check in with your STAR teacher before attending the info session.
- Attention Swanson Parents – the last day to order a personalized yearbook for your student is Friday, January 31st. Please makes sure if you want to purchase a personalized yearbook that you do so before January 31st online through the yearbook link on the Swanson website.
Looking Forward to This Week!
Thursday, January 23rd – Boys Basketball – Home v. Kenmore, Wrestling @ Kenmore